Homeowners Insurance

What does it cover?

There are two primary parts to your homeowner insurance policy. There are, of course, other elements, but here are the two main components:

  1. First is damage to your home, other structures on your property and your personal possessions. Fire, theft or water can damage these items and having them properly insured is important since often your home is your biggest asset.
  2. Second is injury of other or damage to property of others. Many people don’t realize that this is a component of almost all homeowners or renters insurance. If someone is injured either on or off your premises, often there is coverage for this type of claim.

Call me to discuss your needs and to receive a competitive quote from several insurance companies.


Condominiums are often less expensive than houses and usually do not require as much maintenance. However, these factors do not simplify your insurance coverage! Purchasing insurance for your condominium is not as straight-forward as purchasing insurance for a house.

It is a little known fact that typical condo insurance policies provide only $1,000 to $5,000 in coverage for the building. Often, however, the unit owner is actually responsible for insuring a good portion of the building, leaving the unit owner significantly under-insured when a claim occurs.

Make sure you receive a copy of the CC&Rs (Codes, Covenants and Restrictions) as well as the Bylaws. These documents will specify the areas of the building which you, the unit owner, will have the responsibility to insure.

Contact me and let me earn your business…